Additional Days & Activities
We would be delighted to arrange additional accommodation for you along the East Highland Way.
You may wish to plan a rest day or have an additional night at any of the locations along the route which offer activities or sightseeing opportunities - we've made some suggestions below. Please request this when you make an enquiry.
- Climb Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain.
- Enjoy a spectacular scenic journey on the Jacobite Steam Train.
- Visit Nevis Range, a year round mountain resort, where Britain's only mountain gondola will transport you to 650m on the slopes of Aonach Mor.
- Visit the wonderful Highland Folk Museum and learn how our Scottish Highland ancestors lived, how they built their homes, tilled the soil and how they dressed.
- Visit the Clan Macpherson museum and hear the stories of the famous men and women of the clan who have changed the face of the world.
- Walk the 10km Wildcat Trail and keep your eyes peeled for the real thing, and for the 129 lifesize wildcat models!
- Enjoy the variety of watersports on offer at Loch Insh, including sail sports, paddle sports, raft building, fishing, rowing and pedalos on the loch. On land, you can also try your hand at archery or skiing on the dry slope.
- Discover Scottish wildlife and endangered animals of the world's mountains and tundra at the Highland Wildlife Park.
- Enjoy walking in the Cairngorm Mountains.
- Go mountain-biking in Glenmore & Rothiemurchus Forests.
- Enjoy a variety of water-sports on Loch Morlich.
- Take the CairnGorm Funicular railway, the country’s highest and fastest mountain railway and enjoy spectacular panoramic views.
- Take a trip on the Strathspey Railway through the Cairngorms National Park.