Orkney & Shetland: Escape to the Edge
- Discover some of the most important Neolithic sites in Europe and uncover the mysteries of a 5,000 year old civilisation
- Explore archaeological wonders at Skara Brae, the Ring of Brodgar, and the Standing Stones of Stenness
- Spot dolphins and porpoises in the coastal waters, or breeding seabirds such as puffins and guillemots
- Be inspired by local artisans. From jewellery-making to storytelling, the creative spirit on these islands has thrived for thousand of years
- Experience a unique blend of Scandinavian and Scottish culture. The Norse history and heritage still shapes these islands today
Experience the unique islands of Orkney and Shetland with this self-drive holiday. Packed full of prehistoric sites, natural wonders and breathtaking scenery - it’s little wonder the people of these islands are some of the happiest in the British Isles.
These islands truly have a magical quality, and civilisation has thrived here for millennia. It’s difficult not to be inspired by the sweeping panoramic views as you stroll along deserted white sandy beaches, or gaze up at dramatic sea cliffs created by fierce volcanic eruptions and the ravages of the North Sea.
Dine on fresh seafood in cosmopolitan Kirkwall and Lerwick, and experience the weight of history at the UNESCO world heritage site ‘The Heart of Neolithic Orkney’. The diversity of these islands is astounding.
A self-drive holiday of Orkney and Shetland guarantees memories to last a lifetime.