South West Coast Path - Padstow to Penzance
> Prices from: £ 690.00 per person
> Start / Finish: Padstow / Penzance
> Distance: 107.5 miles (172 km)
> Duration: 7 to 11 days according to choice
> Availability: Year round
> Grading: Moderate
South West Coast Path (Padstow to Penzance) Highlights
- Explore one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world
- Land’s End - the most westerly point on the English mainland
- The foodie paradise of Padstow - home to celebrity chef Rick Stein
- The Minack Theatre - an astounding open air theatre carved into a cliff
- St Ives - home to some of the best art galleries in the country, including The Tate
- The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cornish Mining
In a country full of epic walking trails the South West Coast Path is the longest of them all, running for 631 miles from Minehead in Somerset to Poole in Dorset.
We recommend the section between Padstow and Penzance as one of the finest parts of the trail and, indeed, one of the most beautiful stretches of coastal walking anywhere in Britain.
The ancient Celtic kingdom of Cornwall has a long and fascinating history of mining, fishing, and smuggling - industries which have long since faded away as Cornwall has reinvented itself as one of the most creative corners of Britain. Here, art galleries, museums and world-class restaurants sit alongside beautiful beaches and a spectacular coastline.
This unmissable section of the trail takes in secluded coastal villages, bustling surfing hotspots, the beautiful harbour towns of St Ives and Padstow, as well as Land’s End and the awe-inspiring Minack Theatre.