Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before completing your booking as these and the Booking Form are the basis of the contract between you and Absolutes Escapes Limited.
In these terms and conditions “we, our and us” means Absolute Escapes Limited and “you and your” means the person or persons making the booking. No contract will exist until we confirm in writing that your deposit has been paid. If we decline to accept a booking made by you the deposit submitted with the booking form will be refunded to you in full.
1. Please complete and return to us the Enquiry Form or telephone us with your enquiry and speak to one of our consultants.
2. We will then provide you with a written quotation for your package by email or if you prefer, by post.
3. If you choose to accept the quotation please complete and return the Booking Form with payment of the deposit. The Booking Form may be completed and returned and payment made on-line. A booking will not be deemed to have been made until we have received the completed Booking Form and payment of the deposit.
Please note that if the booking is made within 8 weeks of the commencement of your trip then payment must be made in full at the time of booking. By booking on-line where your signature is not possible you will be deemed to have accepted that on-line booking is binding on you.
4. The quotation we issue is valid for 30 days from the date it is issued. A booking sought after expiry of the 30-day period will be treated as a new enquiry and a fresh quotation will be provided.
5. You will be responsible for making each member of your party aware of these terms and conditions.
6. Once we have received your Booking Form and deposit (or full payment if required) we will confirm details of your package in writing.
We will also issue you with an Information Pack not later than 4 weeks prior to commencement of your trip.
1. We accept payment by the following methods:
- Cheques made payable to “Absolute Escapes Ltd”;
- Credit and Debit card payments; Switch/Maestro; Visa, Master/Eurocard. We do not accept payment by Amex. If payment is made by credit card then a 2% surcharge must be paid. The surcharge will be added to the balance due by you.
- Bank Transfer - if you wish to pay by electronic bank transfer we will provide you with our account details in your proposal. If your bank charges you for this service we do ask you to ensure that you settle these charges directly with them.
If payment is made by cheque then it will not be deemed to have been made until the cheque has cleared in our bank and as this could take up to seven working days, we reserve the right to refuse payment by cheque if tendered within ten days prior to commencement of your trip.
2. A minimum deposit of £75 per person or 10% of the overall cost of the package is required to make a booking. If tickets for a particular event/s are included in your package then payment for these is required at the time of making a booking and payment will be deemed to form part of your deposit.
3. Payment in full is required not later than 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your trip. If full payment is not made by this date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit.
4. If a booking is made within 8 weeks prior to commencement of your trip then full payment with your booking is required failing which we reserve the right to decline your booking.
5. In accordance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992 your financial security is guaranteed when you book with Absolute Escapes Ltd. As a member of the Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO) your holiday and your money are protected by the highest standards of consumer protection. AITO is an organisation representing over 140 of Britain's best specialist tour operators, and all members aim to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of Choice, Quality and Service. Every AITO holiday is backed not only by AITO's Quality Charter but also by full financial protection. Further details of AITO can be found at www.aito.co.uk or on our website along with our full booking terms and conditions.
Your financial protection is insured by International Passenger Protection Ltd (IPP) and is underwritten by insurers who are members of the Association of British Insurers & Lloyds Syndicates. Further details of this insurance policy can be found at www.ipplondon.co.uk.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. Cancellation of a booking must be made in writing to us.
2. If cancellation is made more than 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your trip then we reserve the right to retain the deposit.
3. If cancellation is made less then 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your trip then we will apply the following cancellation charges:
- For cancellation between 8 weeks and 2 weeks prior to commencement of your trip 50% of the total cost of the package.
- For cancellation 14 days prior to commencement of your trip 100% of the total cost of the package.
Changes to a booking by you
1. If you wish to make a change to a booking prior to paying for your trip in full we will make every effort to accommodate your wishes but it is not possible to guarantee that changes can be made. In the event that a change is made an administration charge of £50 must be paid.
2. Should you wish to make a change to your booking after paying for your trip in full, we reserve the right to treat such a change as a new booking and cancellation charges will apply.
Changes to a booking by us
1. We will make every effort to ensure that you get the trip you have booked with us. In the unlikely event that our suppliers terms or availability of an event or activity change after you have made a booking we will endeavour to ensure that your trip is disrupted as little as possible. If we are unable to offer an acceptable alternative in the case of cancellation we will offer an alternative trip or offer a refund for that part of your booking. Please note that we will not be bound to make a refund in the case of inclement weather disrupting or cancelling an activity or event; in certain circumstances out-with our control it may be necessary to change your booking.
2. We will not be liable for cancellation or delays or for our failure to provide you with your trip arising from matters out-with our reasonable control which would include without prejudice to the foregoing generality, natural disasters, inclement weather, acts of terrorism, trade or industrial disputes.
1. It is your responsibility to obtain your own insurance for your trip. If your package involves an activity then you should consider taking out specialist insurance.
2. We will not be responsible for any loss or injury suffered by you or member of your party excepting death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Health, Safety and Fitness
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and each member of your party are in good health and fit for any activity that you book.
2. We will not be responsible if you or any member of your party are unable or are prevented from taking part in any activity that you book whether on the grounds of fitness, ability or specific requirements of the activity provider.
1. If you have booked an activity we will send you an information pack containing details of any specific terms and conditions that apply and it will be your responsibility to ensure that you and each member of your party adhere to such terms and conditions.
2. It will be your responsibility to inform us immediately on receipt of such specific terms and conditions if you or any member of your party will be unable to comply with any of such terms and conditions. Please note that you and your party may be required to sign a disclaimer form prior to commencing any activity.
1. In the unlikely event that you or a member of your party has a complaint, the matter should be raised in the first instance with the accommodation or service provider with whom you are dissatisfied.
2. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by the accommodation or service provider please write to us within 14 days of returning from your trip. We will then endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
3. Failure to intimate a complaint to us within the time limit stated may result in us not being able to resolve your complaint.
The information that you provide to us regarding you and members of your party will be held by us in confidence and not released to any third party saving those providing accommodation and/or activities/events for you and your party.
Prices stated include, where applicable, VAT at the current rate of 20%. If the rate is changed by the government, the price may alter.
These terms and conditions and the Booking Form represent the entire agreement between us and may not be altered without our express written consent. The agreement between us and any dispute arising therefrom is governed by the law of Scotland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Absolute Escapes Limited Registered Office is Forsyth House, 93 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES.