Discover Ayrshire & Arran
- Experience the tranquility of island life on the spectacular Isle of Arran, home to some of Scotland's finest island scenery
- Immerse yourself in the enchanting region of Ayrshire which so inspired Scotland’s Bard, Robert Burns
- Culzean Castle - the 18th century masterpiece designed by architect Robert Adam, and holiday home of President Eisenhower
- Enjoy the wonderful local produce on Arran, including locally made cheese, chocolate, whisky, craft beer and smoked salmon
- Towering mountains, beautiful sandy beaches and ancient standing stones – discover how much Ayrshire and Arran has to offer
Get off the beaten track with this self drive tour of Ayrshire and the Isle of Arran.
Ayrshire is a beautiful region undiscovered by most tourists. Learn why Rabbie Burn was so inspired by the area and visit the award-winning museum dedicated to his life. Discover architect Robert Adam’s finest work at Culzean Castle, and visit 13th century Kelburn Castle which has had an amazing makeover by a team of Brazilian artists. Drive the spectacular coastal road to Turnberry Castle - the birthplace of Scotland’s legendary king Robert the Bruce.
Sail over the Firth of Clyde to the Isle of Arran and experience some of Scotland’s most impressive island scenery. The majestic Goat Fell Mountain dominates the centre of the island while the wonderful coastline has hidden caves and sandy beaches waiting to be discovered. Delve into millennia of history as you explore Arran’s ancient standing stones and historic castles.
Arran is a dream destination for food and drink lovers and offers some of the finest produce in the country. The island has a whisky distillery, chocolatier, brewery, smokehouse, creamery, and no fewer than three cheesemakers - the only problem is deciding what to try first!