Great Glen Way
> Prices from: £ 360.00 per person
> Start / Finish: Fort William/ Inverness
> Distance: 73 miles (117 km)
> Duration: 5 to 7 days according to choice
> Availability: Any Start Date from March to October
> Grading: Easy to Moderate
Great Glen Way Highlights
- Enjoy one of Scotland's most famous Coast to Coast long distance walks
- Venture to mysterious Loch Ness and enjoy a cruise on the Loch
- Walk through deep glens, spectacular forests and dramatic mountains
- Visit the scenic ruins of 13th century Urquhart Castle, perched on the banks of Loch Ness
- Relax and unwind along the Caledonian Canal, nestled in the rugged valleys along the Great Glen
- Explore Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands, and celebrate your achievement
The Great Glen Way links the Atlantic Ocean with the Moray Firth on the East of Scotland, following the route of the Caledonian Canal which links the large lochs along the Great Glen.
Opened in 2002 this coast to coast walk, stretching 73 miles (117 km) from Fort William to Inverness, follows one of the most scenic and famous of Scottish Glens.
The Great Glen Way begins near the foot of Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain and follows the Caledonian Canal along the shores of four spectacular Lochs on its way to Inverness, the Highland Capital. The journey takes you past castles and forts that have witnessed some of the most famous scenes of Scotland's turbulent history.
The Great Glen Way route is generally easier than the West Highland Way as it follows canal tow-paths and Loch shores, although there are sections where the track climbs high above the shores of Loch Ness providing wonderful views below. The climb of Ben Nevis can make a wonderful addition to your trip.