West Highland Way
> Prices from: £ 350.00 per person
> Start / Finish: Milngavie, near Glasgow / Fort William
> Distance: 96 miles (154 km)
> Duration: 5 to 9 days according to choice
> Availability: Any Start Date from March to October
> Grading: Moderate to Challenging
West Highland Way Highlights
- Take on the challenge of one of the World’s most famous long distance walks
- Experience breathtaking scenery as you hike from the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond into the heart of the Scottish Highlands
- Enjoy spectacular views across Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe
- Visit a traditional whisky distillery for a well-deserved dram of Scotch
- Relish the wonderful international camaraderie of your fellow walkers
- Celebrate your achievement in Fort William, nestling at the foot of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain
The West Highland Way is one of the world’s classic long distance walks. It stretches 96 miles north from Milngavie, in the northern suburbs of Glasgow to Fort William, a Highland town nestled at the foot of Ben Nevis – the highest mountain in the UK.
The West Highland Way route is spectacular, following the banks of Loch Lomond, across the wilderness of Rannoch Moor and into the breathtaking beauty of Glencoe and the very heart of the Scottish Highlands. The West Highland Way ends close to the foot of Ben Nevis, whose climb can make a wonderful addition to your trip.
Keen to find out more about walking the West Highland Way? Check out our latest blog post A Highland Hike on the West Highland Way and our online photo album. If you're considering adding rest days to your walk, our blog on the Top 5 Overnight Stops on the West Highland Way could be of use.